Ethical standards for the teaching profession
Organization : Ontario College of Teachers (Canada)
Imprint : Ontario, Ontario College of Teachers, 2023
The Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession represent a vision of professional practice. At the heart of a strong and effective teaching profession is a commitment to students and their learning.
Members of the Ontario College of Teachers, in their position of trust, demonstrate responsibility in their relationships with students, parents, guardians, colleagues, educational partners, other professionals, the environment and the public.
The purposes of the ethical standards for the teaching profession are:
- to inspire members to reflect and uphold the honour and dignity of the teaching profession
- to identify the ethical responsibilities and commitments in the teaching profession
- to guide ethical decisions and actions in the teaching profession
- to promote public trust and confidence in the teaching profession
- Accountability, Codes of conduct, Ethics, Integrity, Teachers