Academic fraud in higher education
Academic fraud is on the rise worldwide in developing and developed countries alike. This has become a major challenge in some areas of the world, such as the former Soviet countries. In Ukraine, an independent institution for external student achievement assessment has been created in order to promote more transparent access to higher education (read the full study).
- Regulating the market with transparent criteria
- Reducing the risk of conflicts of interest
- Developing standards and codes of conduct of academic integrity
- Using more effective and transparent management tools
- Facilitating public access to information
- Establishing and using awareness indicators, i.e., ‘red flags’